Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Question: Pick a song that best represents your attitude towards life.

Alright. Just thought it'd be interesting to share this with y'all. It's my RJ question for today. (homework essay given every day in RP) Although it's kinda about me, but it can taken as a story telling as usual blogs do. Otherwise, seriously, you can just don't read. As in seriously. This is really for those who might be interested.
-
"The song I would use today is “Breakaway” by Kelly Clarkson. I picked out parts of the song which fit into different parts of my life – in this RJ – namely school and life in general.

“Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I prayed I could break away”

This part describes how I feel about school. I was posted to this school strongly against my wishes. Despite that, I thought perhaps things would be alright and I would be able to manage with the people I meet here. That has been alright, my class is very loveable and we have really strong camaraderie. However, the line “but something felt so wrong here”, is referring to the system that RP adopted. The impossibility to be late seems to have flipped the phrase “better late than never” to “better never than late”. If I were late and 0.5 points were to be deducted, I would lose all motivation to sit through the day knowing that the best I could get is a “B”. And of course the PBL system is one (hell of a) exhausting way of learning. So I “prayed I could break away”, meaning I wished I could get out of this, or there was a better way.

However,

“I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly.
I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky”.

I feel this way because of my determination to be a teacher in the future. Although many a times I feel I deserve a better grade than the given grade and am demoralised, I always push myself to my limits to give a 110, if not a 100. I feel that with this mindset, one day I’ll be able to soar and do well with flying colours. That’s where the “I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky”
-
Generally, in life, I’d use the stanza
“When the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray”

Sometimes when I’m bored and have nothing to do, I really spare into blank space thinking about what MY near future would be like. Sometimes my dreams stretch to a timeline of what would happen in the next few days or weeks, and is not necessarily all about my future career and success. The reason why I said I would think when I’m bored, cos I’m very often bored and my thoughts deviate very easily, so I reflect on my life and experiences a lot. Mostly I reflect on bad experiences a lot more because they are the things that teach me the most. Also, the “when the rain would fall down” somehow, to me, depicts a sad and lonesome feeling. Often when I am sad and lonesome, I think about many things, mostly sad, because like what I said they are those that teach me the most, and the memories which are etched the most deep in my mind.

“Wanna feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get onboard a fast train
Travel on a jet plane, far away
And breakaway”

I often dream of ‘breaking away’ from the urbanisation and just savour the best of nature - the wind, sleeping under a tree, the ocean. Boarding a train or a jet plane and travelling alone and enjoying life. Travelling alone, you wouldn’t get affected by other people’s decisions and criticism of what they see when they travel with you. You get away from the cruelties of life and reality when you’re in a strange land. Even when you get lost, it becomes a memorable experience which made the trip so much more enjoyable.

Therefore i think this song fits me best although there are many others, because this song can be manipulated to depict more than one aspect of my life."



p/s: oh and to xt and angie, the letters you all wrote to ms leo to inform that cody helping us take testimonial and cert, the signature you all tried to imitate damn ugly! Too bad i deleted it if not i post lor. My God. At least use a thicker 'ink' one even though you all use paint!

No comments: